State of Michigan Assistance Payments Worker 8/9/E10 - Washtenaw in Ypsilanti, Michigan
The MDHHS mission is to provide opportunities, services, and programs that promote a healthy, safe, and stable environment for residents to be self-sufficient. We are committed to ensuring a diverse workforce and a work environment whereby all employees are treated with dignity, respect and fairness. For more information, please visit our MDHHS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan.
The role of the Eligibility Specialist is to strengthen Michigan families by:
- Ensuring that each person/family that applies for public assistance receives the type and level of assistance that they are eligible for.
- Assessing the needs of each person/family and giving them appropriate information and making any referrals and/or contacts to persons/agencies to help them meet their needs.
- Providing all families with information about the expectations and goals of DHS.
- Encouraging and guiding families in their efforts to become self supporting. See complete position description here: Position Description
Required Education and Experience
Education Completion of two years of college (60 semester or 90 term credits).
Assistance Payments Worker 8
No specific type or amount is required.
Assistance Payments Worker 9
One year of experience equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker 8, Migrant Program Worker 8, or Family Independence Specialist 9.
Assistance Payments Worker E10
Two years of experience equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker, including one year equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker 9;
Two years equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker, including one year equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker 9;
Two years of experience equivalent to a Family Independence Specialist, including one year equivalent to a Family Independence Specialist 10.
Alternate Education and Experience
Four years of administrative support experience in a human services or office setting, including two years equivalent to the experienced (E7) level, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Completion of one year of college (30 semester or 45 term credits) and three years of administrative support experience in a human services or office setting, including one year equivalent to the experienced (E7) level, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Three years of Home Aide experience, including one year equivalent to a Home Aide E8, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Additional Requirements and Information
Your application will be valid for 6 months from the date you apply. To make changes or add attachments, you may reapply.
View the job specification at : http://www.michigan.gov/documents/AssistancePaymentsWorker120907.pdf
To be considered for this position you must:
- apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on "Apply" in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- attach a cover letter.
- if applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar's signature.* *
#MDHHSjobs #Veteranfriendly #Careerswithpurpose #CommunityHeroes Follow us on LinkedIn for more job opportunities!
The department reserves the right to close this posting at any time if it is determined that a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Salary: $19.54 - $26.93 Hourly
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Health and Human Services - Counties
Job Number: APW - Washtenaw
Bargaining Unit: UNITED AUTO WORKERS (UAW)
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909
Phone: (800) 788-1766 State of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer