General Motors Researcher - Multifunctional Systems - RES0001037 in Warren, Michigan
What we do:
Plan and execute collaborative research to generate new knowledge and innovative technology for application of novel material systems including smart, multifunctional, additive, or assembled materials and structures for innovative integrated systems for General Motors vehicles.
What you will do:
- Develop next-generation technologies for multifunctional vehicle systems, with an initial focus on interiors and seating.
- Develop computer aided design methodology for multifunctional materials and systems.
- Develop prototypes to demonstrate innovative concepts.
- Develop and execute specific research plans, including concept generation, development, implementation, and validation.
- Generate innovative ideas, suggest new project areas and establish/execute detailed technical plans
- Lead technical direction and provide technical expertise to GM engineers.
- Communicate innovative ideas, plans, and results effectively with co-workers and engineering groups via presentations and written reports.
- Collaborate effectively with peers, management, operations groups, and outside organizations.
- Develop corporate contacts and represent GM effectively to the external technical community
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry and technical developments affecting areas of responsibility.
What you need:
- PhD degree required in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Strong theoretical and experimental skills
- Previous research work experience in development of design methodology and technology transfer
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Consistently demonstrate strategic thinking and strong teamwork
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with GM internal and external customers, including executive management