Continental Intern - Mechanical Engineering, One Year in Troy, Michigan
Intern - Mechanical Engineering, One Year
Continental Interior Body & Security (I B&S) is seeking an engineering student to support mechanical development for various automotive electronics within the Continental portfolio.
• Responsible to support the mechanical engineering/ development team with new products, and changes to existing products
• Provide support to application teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective action plans
• Support mechanical engineers with action items
• Support aspects of production processes for mechanical development
• Can work independently (with proper instruction) and within a team environment
• Assistance with other tasks as needed and determined by Management
• Support various senior engineers with their tasks. These tasks vary from research, design/develop, build and test of parts, data analysis and reporting/presentation.
• Complete separate projects as assigned by group leaders (with guidance and support as required)
• Must be enrolled in a US accredited degree program pursuing degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Must maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
• Must be local to the Metro Detroit area and be available to work onsite upon building re-opening
• Available to work full time throughout the summer (May-August)
• Familiarity with Catia V5 or similar is preferred
• Motivated, energetic and focused
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Able to multi-task
• Must have reliable transportation for local destinations/visits/activities
• Able to sit at desk/computer for extended periods of time and handle/review small/medium parts.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
- Continental Jobs