Munson Medical Center LPN II in Traverse City, Michigan
In addition to the LPN II Job Description, LPNs in the Pain Clinic will be responsible for the following:
- Works in collaboration with the clinical team and other hospital departments, when indicated, to complete nursing care duties based on individualized patient needs, clinical documentation requirements, and professional standards.
- Works in collaboration with and under the direction of Registered Nursing staff during all phases of procedures care (pre, intra, and post).
- Starts IV (saline locks) after completing the department specific competency.
- Completes point of care testing (urine, pregnancy) in accordance with hospital policy.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to urgent/emergent situations.
- Documents all clinical activities on department specific forms.
- Demonstrates ability to complete clinical skills and use department equipment/supplies in accordance to the nursing care manuals, vendor recommendations, and competency checklists. Demonstrates ability to set up, operate, trouble shoot and clean equipment following established professional standards.
- Participates in ongoing professional education.
- Participates in department specific quality and safety initiates and data collection.
- Completes all other duties as assigned
Currently licensed as a Practical Nurse in the State of Michigan.
Must be NAPNES certified, graduated from a laddered program, have taken pharmaceutical courses and is able to demonstrate competency, or have previous experience passing medications.
Demonstrated ability to use the computer with Windows format or demonstrate competency with this format within a period defined by the nursing orientation policy.
Demonstrates ability in using the computer with Windows format preferred.
Accountable to the Unit Manager or designee of the assigned patient care unit. Works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. May receive instructions from the Unit Manager, Nursing Administrator, or staff nurse. No managerial or supervisory responsibilities. Works collaboratively and effectively with all members of the Patient Care Team. May be required to rotate shifts, work additional hours or work other units within the same nursing division or with similar patient care requirements.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:Neonatal (birth-1 mo) Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs) Infant (1 mo-1 yr) Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs) Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs) Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) Geriatric (65 yrs & above) Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) X All ages (birth & above as needed on unit) No clinical contact with patients
Age of Patients Served is dependent on the specific populations cared for on the Unit.
Supports the Mission, Vision and values of Munson Healthcare
Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
Promotes personal and patient safety.
Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment to My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
Follows Standards of Practice from American Nurses Association as listed below.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.