Prestige Healthcare Dietary Cook in Tawas City, Michigan
Want more than just a job, looking for a career? MediLodge wants you!
We are currently hiring for Dietary Cooks!
MediLodge is a skilled nursing group that is looking for the best, most compassionate employees to join our team.
A career with MediLodge is a rewarding one where you can see the impact on residents and their family members.
We promote “growing our own" and are very involved in our employees development, helping them to achieve their goals!
MediLodge offers Top Notch Benefit Packages to our Employees! Competitive WagesTuition ReimbursementStudent Loan Repayment ProgramOpportunities for AdvancementCompany Paid Life InsurancePaid Sick Vacation TimeCompany 401k ProgramMedical, Dental, Vision InsuranceAflac and Colonial Ancillary Insurance Products Help us make a difference
Prepares and serves food using proper food handling and food safety techniques for residents, as well as employees and special events that tastes good and is served at the proper temperature and in an attractive manner in accordance with established standards. Maintains a clean and safe working environment in accordance with established standards.
- Minimum of tenth grade or above
- GED or High School Diploma or above preferred
- ServSafe Food Safety Certification preferred
- Food Handlers permit if required per state regulations
Experience: Six months’ experience in large quantity food preparation. Experience with therapeutic diet preparation preferred. Essential Functions:
Reviews menus prior to preparation of food
- Prepares food for regular and therapeutic diets according to the planned menu, as well as employees and special events, as instructed by the supervisor.
- Prepares alternative items to meet residents’ individual needs and food preferences.
- Prepares and/or portions food using proper food handling and food safety techniques according to established policies, procedures, guidelines, and regulations.
- Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as our established policies and procedures.
- Makes only authorized changes to the planned menu and records the change according to established policy.
- Ensures that food tastes good and is served in an attractive, appetizing manner.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Utilizes standardized recipes to prepare menu items, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Knowledge of safe food preparation and handling techniques.
- Knowledge of basic nutrition and food.
- Skilled in quantity food production.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate for the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be patient and polite.
- Ability to be accurate, concise, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to read, speak, understand, and communicate effectively in English through verbal and written means.
- Ability to do basic math.