Prestige Healthcare Unit Manager (RN) (Sign-on Bonus) in Sterling Heights, Michigan
At MediLodge of Sterling Heights we are looking for a compassionate Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager, such as you, to join our leadership team. We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to your career, so if you are looking for a place where you feel valued, supported and challenged, we invite you to apply!
While you are working hard to care for our residents and positively impact their quality of life, let us take care of you with competitive wages, a generous $6,000 sign-on bonus (a limited time opportunity for full-time), a benefit package for you and your family, paid vacation and sick time in addition to opportunities to grow your career.
At Medilodge of Sterling Heights, we are proud of our team who works hard to ensure our residents and their families are well-cared for. We love to teach, train and help you to become an even more well-rounded nurse leader. Our Inter-Disciplinary Team collaborates daily and exemplifies team work in all that we do. As a Unit Manager, you will find opportunities to lead and develop your team on One of our Eight Specialized Units.
We can’t wait to meet you!:
Responsible for directing the entire operation of a nursing unit in a long term facility
- Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing, degree preferred.
- Licensed as a RN (if state requires) or LPN/LVN in state employed.
- Valid CPR teaching certificate, if applicable.
Experience: Three years of nursing experience, of which one year was in a long term care environment. Essential Functions:
Performs General Management Functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues for the unit
- Manages area of responsibility with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Contacts physicians as necessary and ensures physicians interventions are timely and appropriate
- Reviews staffing patterns and census of nursing units, and reassigns personnel when necessary to ensure staffing meets resident needs and budgetary controls.
- Monitors the clinical operations of the unit and resident’s conditions and ensures that appropriate and quality care is administered.
- Obtains medications, supplies and medical records needed to provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents on a continuing basis.
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel, monitors their skills and guides and observes staff that may need assistance with procedures.
- Participates in facility “QA” program
Performs other tasks as assigned. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Skilled in motivation of staff and leadership.
- Skilled in work assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation and certification.
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse resident and employee population.