Prestige Healthcare Assistant Director of Nursing (RN) in Portage, Michigan
Assists the Director of Nursing with administrative duties and the supervision of nursing staff.
- Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
- Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification.
Experience: Seven years experience in nursing, two years of which was supervisory in a long-term care environment. Essential Functions:
Acts as liaison between nursing units, admissions and the DON.
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues.
- Monitor weekly and monthly weights.
- Monitors and evaluates nursing staff and makes recommendations for training or work modification to the DON.
- Monitor meals and breaks to assure compliant by staff.
- Assists in preparation of departmental budget.
- Monitor meals and temperature of meal trays.
- Performs personnel management functions such as establishing personnel qualification requirements, drafting procedure manuals, instating in-service programs, and installing record and reporting systems.
- Monitor noise level and satisfaction of residents with care/or dissatisfaction.
- Performs studies to evaluate effectiveness of nursing services in relation to their objectives and costs.
- Monitor and audit charts weekly for: Episodic; Medicare documentation; all assessments; nursing summaries, MAR’s; treatment; flow sheets; residents profile for CNA’s.
- Ensures that annual competency evaluations and performance reviews are completed in the appropriate time frame.
- Rounds on unit daily.
- Pro-actively addresses survey and/or standards of care issues.
- Follow up on residents/family/employee concerns in a timely manner.
- Plans and guides the professional development of nursing staff.
- Participates in nurse on call system.
- Represents the DON at meetings, in the community, and assumes responsibility for nursing operations in the DON’s absence.
- Works with the Staffing Coordinator to ensure that shifts have adequate nursing staff to meet facility/census requirements.
- Rounds on units at least 1 time a day to assure needs are being met.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Assist DON in preparing reports, forms and clinical issues in a timely manner. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act, state and federal regulations and Company policies and procedures regarding nursing standards and delivery of care.