General Motors Process Engineer - Robotics Engineer - MFE0005476 in Pontiac, Michigan
At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicles can only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
General Motors has built a reputation of excellence across all brands that we build putting the customers at the center of what we do. We understand that being the industry leader in the auto manufacturing and automotive technology comes with big responsibilities. That’s why at GM we are Made for More! At GM Global Propulsion Systems we ranked #1 for automotive companies in number of US patents by the Wall Street Journal- 2014. As a member of our Global Propulsion Systems team you will be supporting the continuous success of 7 castings, 16 transmission and 31 engine sites globally. You will be working with a world class team that ranks amongst one of the world’s largest automotive suppliers.
Our mission at GM Global Propulsion Systems is to be the bridge between Manufacturing and Powertrain Engineering throughout the Global Powertrain Development process. Global Propulsion designs, develops, procures and implements efficient manufacturing systems, through standardize processes, to deliver world class propulsion systems, while keeping safety as our over – riding priority.
The "career" level process engineer responsible for developing and supporting manufacturing processes utilizing robots. Equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for the production of parts. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity or assembly/plant activity where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
- Assist in the procurement and evaluation of the application of robots in manufacturing processes
- Maintain working contacts with lead process and controls engineering teams, vendors, GM IT, other internal engineering disciplines and management at plant and headquarters
- Diagnose and correct deficiencies in robot centric manufacturing processes
- Stay abreast of new robot technology, computer graphics, and robot engineering tools
- Have working knowledge of controls interfaces to robots
- Assist in the deployment of new technology to minimize risks
- Propose and evaluate robotic manufacturing processes and equipment
- Perform simultaneous engineering activities with ME and equipment supplier representatives
- Participate in safety g-Risk activities with cross functional group
- Approve robot documentation and support robotic run-offs at OEM site
- Solve / assist operational problems as required
- Support & actively interact with manufacturing operations group
- Support deployment of best common systems and methods as defined in the PT Global Controls Bill of Process
- Continuously improve quality, cost, responsiveness & safety
- Good technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
- God knowledge and ability to implement robotic technology in various manufacturing systems
- Experience with Fanuc Robots
- Demonstrated level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and difficult projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and Accountability for results
- Demonstrated initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in project management skills
- Experience with GM Global Robot Standards (GRS)Experience with Global Common Controll architecture (GCCH, GCCS, etc.)
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with various robot manufacturers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience