Michigan Jobs

Mobile michigan-jobbank Logo

Job Information

Aerotek Mechanical Designer in Plainwell, Michigan

Designer

This person's primary job is creating drawings for the shop floor. They are not creating new designs or concepts. They will take the models and make those items into drawings.

At computer 8- hours a day, occasional interaction with shop floor, so they can learn how to make better designs.

70% of the time will be making detailed drawing for the shop and the other 30% they will be finishing design work that was started and then doing the detailed drawings for those.

They will typically work on one project at a time, complete and move on to the next. Projects typically last 6-8 weeks.

Requirements

  • Solidworks experience- Needs to understand Solidworks Weldment feature

  • Sheet metal design experience

  • Sheet metal fabrication knowledge

  • At least 2 years of experience working as a drafter

  • This opportunity is unable to provide sponsorship *

About Aerotek:

We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.

Location: Plainwell, Michigan

Posting ID: 7309933

Pay Rate:

The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.

DirectEmployers