The Coca-Cola Company Logistics Support Lead in Paw Paw, Michigan
Position OverviewThe Logistics Support Lead is responsible for directing the work of other Logistics employees as assigned by the Supervisor. The Logistics Support Lead must possess leadership qualities and with a strong commitment to safety, quality, procedural and policy adherence, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). The Logistics Support Lead will schedule shipments and deliveries, issue work via computer system to warehouse employees and support warehouse and material’s operations.
Function Specific Activities:
• Direct the work and train other Logistics Department employees • Read, scan, and print labels• Rotation between Logistics Lead activities and Dispatcher activities• Document all product and material transfers and shipments• Receive, store, and distribute material and product, as required• Identify non-conforming product• Schedule loading and delivery times for materials and finished product• Perform inventory reconciliation• Perform audits, as scheduled and requested• Research inventory discrepancies, as needed• Consolidate bills of lading for transfer to shipping office• Responsible for dispatching truck drivers and loaders• All other duties as assigned• Work with customers if a truck is late
• Business Etiquette: Ability to communicate with others, via telephone, email, or in person, in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results.• Database and System Knowledge: The knowledge and skills required to access and collect data via Company-approved databases or the Internet. This includes the ability to complete electronic forms, produce accurate reports, conduct investigative research, issue work flow to employees through SAP process, explain data and communicate results. This includes maintaining current knowledge and keeping up with new releases.• Safety Procedures: Knowledge of and ability to proactively recognize and report safety issues or incidences and maintain a clean, safe work environment (e.g., customer safety, keeping work aisles clear, sanitary health practices, proper placement of tools and machinery, etc.)
• Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation, and rational risk-taking.• Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the abilityto achieve long-term goals.• Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the mostvalue and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results thatmeet or exceed expectations.• Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks shares and adopts ideasand best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.• Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships thatmotivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goalaccomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in currentrole and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coachingto enhance performance.• Lives the Values: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
• Have corrective vision that meets same requirements as those for a valid Michigan driver’s license. Evidence of meeting this requirement shall be a Michigan driver’s license or Doctor’s certificate.• High school diploma or GED• 3+ years of related experience• Strong communication skills• Consistently demonstrate leadership qualities• Support Dept. Manager and Supervisors, as needed• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment• Requires manual moving of materials weighing 50 pounds distances of 10 feet or more• Work in extreme temperatures for the length of shift• Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English• Ability to understand, record, and communicate material and product information• Good computer skills• Good attendance and performance record • Know and follow all CCNA prescribed GMP, safety, attendance, and rules of conduct guidelines• Adhere to all company policies and processesWork ConditionsWork is performed on the shipping and receiving docks, in coolers, throughout multiple warehouse locations, outside, and in a multi-level production facility. Work requires exposure to temperature extremes, high noise levels, wetness, heights, fumes, dust, vibrations, etc.EquipmentComputer and associated software, phone, fax, copy machine, scales, hand tools, hand trucks, and hoses
DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
The Coca-Cola Company
- The Coca-Cola Company Jobs