ZF Calibration Engineer in Northville, Michigan
Northville, MI, US, 48168
Req ID 14016
Position Summary: The Calibration Engineer is responsible for data calibration activities and coordinating the implementation of full-life cycle product development programs to ensure the on-time delivery of reliable SW releases, which meet customer specifications and maintain company standards.
• Perform applications engineering (i.e. controls, calibration, electronics, testing or software) activities and related analysis as required to support key customers.
• Initiate and complete parameterization of subsystems and functions for the passenger car transmission within the overall vehicle environment and within the test laboratory.
• Achieve ideal shifting comfort and ideal spontaneity due to customer request and requirements.
• Develop calibration and testing processes, tools, procedures, and technical solutions for implementation of product development initiatives or software/electronic calibration activities.
• Work with ZF engineering teams (project management, design, test, and resident) and departments within global R&D to implement strategies and/or initiatives in North America.
• Perform root cause analysis and error correction of system-level problems relating to software and electronic control issues.
• Create functional concepts and design software functions (i.e. shift quality, interfaces, diagnosis, etc.).
• Provide analytical guidance and technical expertise for root cause investigations and special testing scenarios to resolve customer complaints.
• Develop best practice guidelines based on product development strategies to improve performance and customer resolution methods; eliminate redundancies in data processing within software.
• Participate in prototype development and testing, including test drives to ensure optimal software/hardware calibration and shifting experience.
• Develop and implement test plans and test cases for system-level vehicle calibration.
• Collaborates with supervisor or senior level engineer on non-routine tasks
• Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Ensure departmental compliance with all IATF16949 policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s in Engineering
• 0-2 years of engineering experience (includes co-op and/or internship experience)
• Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future
• Experience with electromechanical systems design, troubleshooting, and repair
• Experience with automatic transmission electronic control systems development and/or software calibration/testing processes
• Understanding of data acquisition, analysis and statistical methods
• Experience in DFMEA’s and DVP’s
• Broad knowledge of technical landscapes with special regards to applications engineering and product testing/design/development
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software
• Ability to interface with key customers, cross-functional teams, and all levels of personnel/management
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Able to manage multiple responsibilities
• English language competency
• Good driving record
• Ability/willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (up to 25%)
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Knowledge of 5S and Six Sigma problem-solving methodology
• 2+ years of project management
• 2-3 years of applications engineering experience with a focus on automotive transmissions
• Experience using Axalant
• Knowledge of computer software related to engineering applications
• IATF16949 awareness training
• German and/or Spanish Language Skills
Be part of our ZF team as Calibration Engineer and apply now!
DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to our company.Our company is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with us and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Our Commitment to Diversity
ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Intern, Product Development, Engineering, Entry Level, Research, Automotive
- ZF Jobs