Penske Warehouse Worker - Order Selector - $16.50 - $21.50 in New Baltimore, Michigan
Our business is growing! Penske Logistics is looking for Warehouse Associates to become part of an excellent team servicing the nation’s largest grocery store chain. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant and outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Our Warehouse Workers receive a competitive hourly rate of pay of $16.50 per hour PLUS earn $3.00 - $6.00 per hour performance bonus!
Our associates also enjoy PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K with company match and numerous Associate Discounts!
If you’re able to do heavy lifting in a non-climate controlled environment – apply today!
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
• Electronically scan products using a warehouse management system and voice-activated computers.
• Repetitively stack cardboard boxes and pallets.
• Repetitively pick non-perishable goods in non-climate controlled environment.
• Move materials within the warehouse.
• Accurately assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or convey orders to packing
station or shipping department.
• Accurately stage and sort products for loading.
• Forklifts, pallet jacks and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment may be used to transport product within the
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
• Must be able to work varied schedule including weekends.
• Flexible to work overtime as needed.
• Ability to follow directions, and basic math skills required.
• Ability to work in a non-climate controlled storage warehouse environment is required (temperature inside warehouse is similar to outside)
• At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling experience preferred
• Prior experience using hand truck or pallet jack equipment preferred.
• Recent heavy lifting preferred.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to pay close attention to details and meet deadlines.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Completion of Penske employment application, submission to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening is required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 26090 23 Mile Rd Chesterfield, MI 48051
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Chesterfield
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Warehouse
Req ID: 2009142
- Penske Jobs