Prestige Healthcare Waiver Care Aide in Munising, Michigan
As a result of an Executive Order issued during the COVID19 State of Emergency. Waiver Care Aides are necessary and intended under supervision, to assist residents with daily living activities.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Licenses/Certification:
Completion of the temporary Nurse Aide Training course. Experience:
No specialized work experience necessary, must be willing to complete the online temporary nurse aide training course. Applicable experience could be; teachers, waitress, waiter, host, hostess, receptionist, secretary, concierge, greeter, front desk, cook, delivery, clerk, customer-service, sales associate, retail, sanitation, housekeeping, guest services, utility, maintenance, custodian, janitor, cafeteria worker, warehouse, automotive, factory, healthcare, medical professional, nursing home, college student, bus drivers, beautician, barber, volunteers. Essential Functions:
Answers signal lights and bells to determine resident needs.
- Assists residents with grooming, oral hygiene, bathing, hair, and incontinence care.
- Obtains food trays and assists residents with feeding.
- Assists residents with range of motion exercises, and movement to wheelchair or activity areas.
- Assists resident with turning and positioning in bed
- Assists resident with ambulation for short distance in facility.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned..
- Documentation on flow sheets as directed.
- Attends interdisciplinary meetings as needed to provide input into selected resident’s plans of care.
- Documents restorative services provided following facility policies and procedures.
- Reports to Charge Nurse or designee on progress/lack of progress in achieving restorative goals.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and facility staff.