Mercy Medical Center Clinton Registered Nurse, RN Johnson Family Cancer Center in Mercy Health West Michigan Cancer Center - Muskegon, Michigan
This position coordinates total nursing care for patients, participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
This position is a blended role consisting of patient care and research nursing.
1. Sound conduct of the clinical trial, including but not limited to recruitment, screening, enrollment and follow-up of eligible subjects according to protocol requirement (e.g., subject follow-up, case report form completion and reporting of adverse drug experiences).
2. Identifies clinical trials in which to participate and obtain approval for participation according to organizational policies and procedures.
3. Maintenance of accurate and complete documentation, including but not limited to regulatory documents, signed informed consent forms, relevant IRB approvals, source documentation, drug dispensing logs, subject logs and study-related communications.
4. Organizational management of all aspects of the trial, including but not limited to timeliness in completing case report forms (CRFs), data entry, reporting adverse drug experiences (ADEs), managing caseload and managing study files.
5. Communication of all protocol-related issues/problems to the appropriate management staff, including but not limited to questions regarding the conduct of the clinical trial, concerns regarding possible ADEs or subject compliance.
6. Train and supervise support staff (e.g. research assistants, clerical staff and volunteers).
7. Provides patient and family education and support during participation in clinical trial.
8. Educates employees and physicians regarding clinical trial protocols. Maintain intranet status of trials.
9. Performs clinical skills as required by clinical protocol (e.g. assessments, medication administration, phlebotomy) and participates in the management of patient care.
10. Schedules follow-up visits for study patients to monitor compliance to study protocol and provide education/support.
11. Schedules and participates in sponsor initiated monitor visits and quality assurance audits for periodic reviewing and querying of collected data in a timely fashion.
12. Participates in investigator's meetings for assigned/active clinical trials.
1. Assess the needs and condition of assigned patients and formulates or participates in the formulation of a nursing care plan designed to provide continuous, holistic nursing care for patients within area of responsibility.
2. Demonstrates job knowledge through effective utilization of the nursing process as reflected in the use of an admission assessment, nursing care plan, charting, delivery of nursing care, discharge planning and evaluation techniques.
3. Develops an effective, individualized and comprehensive plan of care of r assigned patients; bases plan of care on nursing diagnosis, standards and disease.
4. Updates care plan based on continuing assessment of patient and patient response; demonstrates sound clinical judgment.
5. Exercises professional judgment in the assessment and treatment of the patient’s condition and in the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care provided.
6. Demonstrates an awareness of department standards and guidelines for nursing care; recognizes personal accountability for care and for care assigned to other health care disciplines.
7. Effectively implements physicians’ orders after consulting appropriate sources regarding unfamiliar or questionable orders. Physicians’ orders are promptly carried out and properly recorded.
8. Always documents and communicates patient responses and the effectiveness of nursing interventions.
9. Demonstrates an ability to respond and provide direction in changing workload, and during crises and emergency situations.
10. Demonstrates the knowledge of when to seek/solicit the help or guidance from immediate supervisor or appropriate resource person.
11. Adheres to the standards of nursing care and the policies and procedures of the hospital and nursing department. Provides professional nursing care by a) administering medications, b) monitoring life support and automated equipment, c) performing treatments, d) monitoring I.V.’s, and performing a variety of other associated duties.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving diverse communities that include more than 30 million people across 22 states. Trinity Health includes 94 hospitals, as well as 109 continuing care locations that include PACE programs, senior living facilities, and home care and hospice services. Its continuing care programs provide nearly 2.5 million visits annually.
Based in Livonia, Mich., and with annual operating revenues of $17.6 billion and assets of $24.7 billion, the organization returns $1.1 billion to its communities annually in the form of charity care and other community benefit programs. Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800 employed physicians and clinicians.
Committed to those who are poor and underserved in its communities, Trinity Health is known for its focus on the country's aging population. As a single, unified ministry, the organization is the innovator of Senior Emergency Departments, the largest not-for-profit provider of home health care services — ranked by number of visits — in the nation, as well as the nation’s leading provider of PACE (Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly) based on the number of available programs. For more information, visit www.trinity-health.org . You can also follow @TrinityHealthMI on Twitter.