LifePoint Health Registration Specialist, Admitting - Emergency Department .6F (7467-5692) in Marquette, Michigan
Provide administrative support, performs clerical and customer service functions, as well as non-technical duties in the hospital.
Prepares statistical reports and performs clerical functions such as preparing and sending outgoing mail, distributing incoming mail, maintaining filing systems, entering data and maintaining databases, typing documents and correspondence, photocopying, scanning, and faxing.
Greets visitors and communicates with patients and providers.
Places, answers, and directs phone calls and distributes messages.
Organizes, coordinates, and schedules meetings and appointments.
Keeps office area neat and tidy and monitors and orders office supplies.
Handles information requests, including reviewing files and records, answering inquiries, and responding to incoming work requests.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
*Years of relevant experience may be substituted for required education.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Valid driver license required (Lab depts only)
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 year clerical experience required
- 1 year in healthcare setting preferred
- 1 year Medical terminology, CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS experience preferred
Title: Registration Specialist, Admitting - Emergency Department .6F (7467-5692)
Requisition ID: 7467-5692