Munson Healthcare Helpdesk Analyst in Manistee, Michigan
This position is located in Manistee.
This position assists customers in resolving issues during the first point of contact as well as triaging and promptly prioritizing and escalating open and unresolved incidents following established escalation procedures. A Help Desk Analyst will perform those roles with consistency and accuracy in a customer focused, professional manner. The Help Desk Analyst role requires a high level of communication skill via telephone, E-Mail, voicemail, chat, and in-person support channels. This position requires both troubleshooting and technical skills that allow the analyst to provide a high level of customer support. The Help Desk analyst may be required to assist in the analysis and distribution of recurring reports to other parts of the IS division. This role will also participate in IS projects and initiatives, and may be required to assist in the training of new Help Desk team members.
• One of the following is required:
o Associate’s degree (preferably IS/Business or healthcare emphasis) with 2 years’ relevant experience (IS/Business or healthcare)
o OR Bachelor’s degree (preferably IS/Business or healthcare emphasis)
o OR 4 years in healthcare or IS/Business experience
• The following are beneficial:
o Experience in Information Systems (IS) systems
o Experience in healthcare
• The following are required:
o A+ Certification
o Problem solving and advanced troubleshooting techniques
o Keyboarding proficiency
o Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows
o Familiar with command line interfaces
o Knowledge and troubleshooting skills related to TCP/IP network connectivity issues.
o Troubleshooting network connectivity issues
o Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
o Ability to provide clear, consistent and concise documentation of technical issues
o Experience with Active Directory
• The following are beneficial:
o Net+ certification or one other professional IT recognized certification in line with career path
o Knowledge of Hospital systems
• The following are required:
o Ability to provide professional telephone skills with proper phone etiquette
o Answer all calls promptly and within established guidelines to ensure a high level of service availability to the customer
o Opens initial trouble ticket and accurately logs issue using current call logging system, using clear and concise problem descriptions and work efficiently and accurately to either resolve or triage the problem and set proper call priority and escalate to the proper support team for resolution following established procedures
o Ability to work independently
o Experience writing technical documents
o Possess excellent customer service skills
o Ability to assist in the training of entry level staff
o Ability to work with analysts, vendors, and others to troubleshoot and develop new documentation and processes
o Ability to monitor systems and processes
o Accurately and consistently document and escalate incidents
o May be required to take On-Call duty, and when on-call, may be required to alter work schedule in order to work during the weekend, evenings or holidays
o Understanding of customer impact based on system availability
• The following are beneficial:
o Takes initiative to stay abreast of changing PC technology, as well as enhancing knowledge of all Munson Healthcare systems to ensure first rate service to all Munson Healthcare Customers
o Prior experience working in a secure environment
Under the general supervision of a Manager but may receive advice and assistance from the Director of Information Systems, Senior Help Desk Analyst or Analyst(s). A working relationship with all Information Systems staff must be maintained.A professional working relationship with staff from user departments, other regional healthcare facilities, and hardware vendors must be maintained. The operator is under the supervision of the on call Manager whenever the Manager is unavailable. No managerial and supervisory responsibility.
POPULATIONS SERVED, COMPETENCIES, INCLUDING AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
No direct clinical contact with patients
Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
Promotes personal and patient safety.
Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
• Provides concise, timely, and detailed written documentation of activities related to service requests. Depending on the SLA agreements, seeks others to assist with the problem.
• Monitors, troubleshoots, and resolves first level issues in a network environment using established procedures. Other issues are escalated to analysts, engineers, or other on-call staff.
• Performs spreadsheet, database, and word processing functions. Assists others as requested.
• Maintaining operating documentation for the department.
• Performs Help Desk functions including providing phone support, escalating calls, updating Help Desk status line, etc.
• Provide first line support for all users of Munson Health Care systems and services in a professional, customer focused manner.
• Provides operational support of technology.
• Provides concise, timely, and detailed written documentation of activities related to service requests.
• Assists in maintaining technical documentation of department processes and procedures.
• Monitors, troubleshoots, and resolves first level issues in a network environment using established procedures. Other issues are escalated to appropriate IS Team, Analysts, or on-call staff.
• Monitors, troubleshoots, and resolves first level problems related to hardware, operating systems applications, interfaces, and non-clinical processes in a multiplatform environment following documented procedures.
• Documents hardware and software problems when they occur, contacts the appropriate IS Team or analysts, and acts as a contact person throughout the resolution process.
• Assists with installation or re-installation of PC software via remote control.
• Performs pre-defined Help Desk functions during downtime procedures, including but not limited to providing phone support, escalating calls, relaying pertinent information to command center, and updating Help Desk status line, etc.
• Endeavour to meet the established first call resolution rate by increasing knowledge and proficiency with established systems.
• Works to assure established Team Goals are met to assure optimal customer support.
• Assists in the training of new Help Desk staff members
• May Assist in the analysis and distribution of recurring reports
• Participate in project teams
- Contributions and Achievements
• Works independently.
• Makes suggestions for problem resolutions and performance and process improvements.
• Performs analysis to solve business or technology problems with occasional guidance.
• Seeks guidance as needed; knows where and when to ask for assistance.
• Volunteers for tasks/assignments that challenge current development/skill level.
- Business Knowledge
• Demonstrates knowledge of healthcare operations along with the business and clinical areas associated with healthcare (e.g., Inpatient, Outpatient, Ambulatory, general departments such as Radiology, Cardiology, etc.).
• Focuses on one area of business (e.g., Working in telecommunication, may have knowledge of Plant Engineering/Facilities; working in applications, may have a general knowledge of the area supporting).
• Demonstrates general knowledge of IS division (e.g., Clinical Applications, Ambulatory Applications, Technical, Server/Desktop, Helpdesk, etc.).
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the specific department within IS currently working in.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of his/her business area of responsibility.
• Demonstrates interest in seeking awareness of larger picture of health care operations.
- Coaching and Mentoring
• Coaches other members in basic procedures, processes, and technologies, as needed or appropriate.
• Recognizes strengths and weaknesses and pursues relevant opportunities to improve.
• Builds consensus with the team and department on key decisions.
• Assists others with planning work.
• Leads small projects using defined methodology.
• Supports change and encourages peers to embrace change.
• Demonstrates appropriate decision-making in prioritization of activities/assignments/work.
• Develops, demonstrates and understands the value of diversity.
• Assumes personal accountability for work assignments and delivers on commitments to the team.
• Demonstrates the ability to positively influence others.
- Communication Skills
• Continually develops skills in persuasion, influencing others, and making presentations.
• Shows appropriate comfort level in front of small groups of people.
• Develops verbal and written communication skills to be concise, articulate, tactful, and tailored to the audience.
• Applies good judgment to choosing the appropriate form of communication.
• Demonstrates growing skill in making presentations.
- Problem Solving Skills
• Demonstrates the ability to independently identify issues, options, and pros and cons, with appropriate documentation (e.g., test plans, user input, etc.) to support options.
- Social Behaviors
• Supports and encourages core values in others.
• Presents a professional work ethic.
• Assumes reliability, loyalty, a cooperative demeanor, honesty.
• Adapts well to changing circumstances, welcomes change.
• Invites others to seek the individual’s help by means of an approachable style.
• Approaches disagreement positively.
- Customer Service
• Provides ideas for improving and exceeding customer service.
• Anticipates the customers’ needs and provide a positive experience even if the need to go outside the norm is appropriate.
• Recognizes opportunities for modification of service level expectations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.