General Electric Courier in Livonia, Michigan
Support pharmacy operations by handling, packaging and delivering radiopharmaceuticals. This position will be from 1:30 am to 9:30 am, Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend hours on Saturdays from 2 am to 10 am.
• Processing prepared products by wrapping and placing into the proper delivery containers, preparing shipping paperwork and labels
• Handle, package and deliver radiopharmaceuticals and hazardous materials in compliance with all regulations and Company Policies
• Process returned medical waste and maintain returned unusable supplies in compliance with all regulations and Company Policies
• Maintain cleanliness of lab with facility housekeeping schedules
• Manage bio-hazardous waste and prepare paperwork for disposal of same
• Assist in inventory control reviewing, documenting and communicating stock needs to pharmacy personnel
• Complete radiation wipes and surveys on shipping containers, pharmacy supplies, incoming packages, work spaces and vehicles
• Completes regulatory paperwork for deliveries and outgoing customer products
• Complete required safety training
• Support Pharmacy Operations via data entry into computer system
• Regularly inspect and coordinate routine maintenance of delivery vehicles
• Performs required tests on equipment
• Perform quality test on prepared products and manually record results
• Perform transportation distribution duties in compliance with current GDP as per annual GDP Training and local procedures’ (Core Imaging Only)
Willingness to submit to a drug test and background check
High School Diploma or GED
Valid drivers license to operate in necessary delivery area
Ability to accommodate shift changes based on business needs
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Previous delivery driving experience
Previous experience handling/transporting pharmaceuticals or radioactive materials
Ability to prioritize job duties, handle multiple tasks quickly without compromising quality
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Michigan; Livonia
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.