Michigan Jobs

Mobile michigan-jobbank Logo

Job Information

Michigan Department of Transportation MDOT Engineer Manager Licensed 14 in Lansing, Michigan

This position is responsible for the supervision, administration, engineering, and professional development of a bridge design unit comprised of engineers and technicians. The Unit Leader is responsible for High Load Hit Litigation, design and preparation of contract plans and specifications for emergency bridge repairs, bascule bridges, highway bridges, railroad bridges, and pedestrian bridges. a href="https://mcsc.state.mi.us/AgencyPDFs/ENGLMGR3A06N%20PD%201.6.21.pdf" target="_blank" rel="noopener"Position Description/aa href="https://get.adobe.com/reader/" target="_blank" rel="noopener"(Download PDF reader)/auEducation/uPossession of a bachelor of science degree in engineeringuExperience/uFive years of professional experience equivalent to an Engineer, including three years equivalent to an Engineer P11; two years equivalent to an Engineer 12, Engineer Manager 12, or Engineer Manager-Licensed 12; or, one year equivalent to an Engineer Manager 13, Engineer Manager-Licensed 13, Engineering Specialist 13, or Engineering Specialist-Licensed 13.Additional Requirements and InformationPossession of a registered professional engineering license as required by the State of Michigan.Possession of a valid driver's license is required.Please submit a copy of your official college transcripts with your application. a href="https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdcs/OfficialTranscript_693831_7.pdf" target="_blank" rel="noopener"Click here/aa href="https://get.adobe.com/reader/" target="_blank" rel="noopener"(Download PDF reader)/afor the State of Michigan (SOM) definition of an Official College Transcript. Failure to attach a copy of your official college transcripts may result in you being screened out of the process.Applicants who possess foreign degrees must have their academic credentials evaluated or converted into U.S. educational equivalents, unless the degree has been accepted by an accredited degree granting institution in the United States. Civil Service accepts evaluations from organizations listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. Go toa href="https://stateofmichigan.sharepoint.com/teams/insidemcsc/Classification%20%20Selection/Documents/Foreign%20Degree%20Evaluators.pdf" target="_blank" rel="noopener"https://stateofmichigan.sharepoint.com/teams/insidemcsc/Classification%20%20Selection/Documents/Foreign%20Degree%20Evaluators.pdf/aa href="https://get.adobe.com/reader/" target="_blank" rel="noopener"(Download PDF reader)/afor more information. Failure to attach a copy of your foreign degree evaluation may result in you being screened out of the process.View job specification at:a title="Job Specification" href="http://www.michigan.gov/documents/EngineerManager-Licensed_12603_7.pdf" target="_blank" rel="noopener"http://www.michigan.gov/documents/EngineerManager-Licensed_12603_7.pdf/aa href="https://get.adobe.com/reader/" target="_blank" rel="noopener"(Download PDF reader)/aAll newly hired state employees are required to submit and pass a pre-employment drug test and physical (if applicable) prior to their actual appointment. Criminal and driving records will also be checked if applicable. Any position offer will be conditional until results of the drug test, physical, criminal background, and driving records indicate eligibility for employment.divThe department reserves the right to close this posting prior to