Jackson National Life Insurance Company Legal Executive Administrative Assistant, Corporate Governance in Lansing, Michigan
_Job Purpose_ __ Provides primary administrative support to the Corporate Secretary function for the North American Business Unit (NABU) based in Jackson’s Legal Department. Serves as Executive Assistant to the Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) on the Boards of Directors for Jackson and Jackson National Life Insurance Company of New York, and assists the Manager, Corporate Governance as needed. Routinely handles information of a confidential nature.
_Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities_
- Provides executive administrative support to the NEDs, including but not limited to arranging schedules, maintaining calendars, arranging travel, arranging IT support, tracking expenses and other support required.
- Provides direct administrative support to the Manager in the Legal Corporate Governance Unit.
- Prepares correspondence and maintains reference systems and databases for the work group.
- Schedules all Board and Board Committee meetings for NABU entities, coordinating and organizing all logistics (e.g., lodging, air and ground transportation, catering, meeting set-up and break-down, communication with meeting attendees).
- Maintains Corporate Secretary procedures and acts as administrator for Corporate Secretary Inbox.
- Drafts all Board and Board Committee meeting minutes.
- Acts as liaison for Jackson ALCO and Jackson Investment Committee meetings.
- Creates, proofreads, and formats correspondence and other complex documents.
- Handles incoming mail and telephone calls, receives visitors, prepares expense reports, and processes routine requests from other departments.
- Processes accounts payable invoices for unit, ensuring accuracy and appropriateness, and routes invoices to attorney(s) in unit for approval. Coordinates payment with Accounts Payable.
- Maintains organized filing and electronic recordkeeping systems.
- Manages/maintains calendars in Microsoft Outlook as necessary; plans and schedules meetings, coordinates conference calls, arranges necessary resources and catering as needed.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, including working with others to ensure availability of all necessary accommodations and equipment (e.g. workspace, computer access) while off-site.
- Creates agendas, reports, organizational charts and any additional required documents.
- Proofreads/edits material as necessary.
- Attends meetings with the purpose of recording minutes;
- Provides technical support for computer systems and software;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some travel is required.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, proofreading, and keying skills (accurate keying at 60 wpm).
- Flexible with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and directives.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or to be an effective and cooperative team member as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to work effectively with peers, all internal and external customers, and executives.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
Education and Experience Required
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) required. Associates degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5 years of previous administrative support experience required. Experience supporting individuals at an executive level preferred.
Organization: *Jackson National Life Insurance
Title: Legal Executive Administrative Assistant, Corporate Governance
Requisition ID: JAC003WD