Airgas Usa LLC Area Distribution Manager in Kentwood, Michigan
Area Driver Manager
Airgas Inc., an Air Liquide company, is one of the country’s largest supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases. As the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality products—but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations—branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers—chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
The Area BevCarb Manager (Route Manager) plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up on daily route assignments for all Co2 (Carbon Dioxide) Route Drivers and technicians to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and agreements; Manages the end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues; Ensures that all associates receive training, coaching and motivating to be successful.
- Directly supervise C02 route drivers and technicians.
- Oversee bulk installations and related equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all D.O.T and Hours of Service regulations
- Set up and maintain efficient routing of trucks and technicians
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all field paperwork
- Conduct associate ride along and safety audits
- Responsible for the proper maintenance of all assigned trucks and equipment
- Ability to travel 50% of the time within an assigned geographical area
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 5 years Route Management experience; Beverage Carbonation (BevCarb) industry preferred, but not required.
- Strong Leadership and Supervisory skills are a must.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and FDA regulations as they apply to the compressed gas industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, documentation and follow-up skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software.
- Ability to routinely lift 25 – 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
- Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule to meet management requirements and customer expectations.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Area Distribution Manager
Requisition ID: 31601