Stryker Senior Analyst, Finance Training & Development in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The Senior Analyst, Finance Training & Development will support the design, development and delivery of technical finance trainings and resources that will be deployed to Stryker’s global finance staff via a blend of classroom training, virtual and live training. In addition, the Senior Analyst will assist in program management of our Summer Finance Internship Program and Checkmate Leadership Program.
Who we want
• Relationship-builders. People who create genuine, trusting relationships with internal team members, business partners, leadership and coordinate cross-functional collaboration.
• Dedicated achievers. People who thrive when working within high performance teams. Dynamic relationship skills enabling them to secure buy-in, cooperation, and loyalty.
• Highly effective communicators. People who enjoy presenting, and training and public speaking.
• Talent developers. Growth-oriented people who develop competencies for future business growth.
• Passion for learning. People who love to learn and want to teach others.
• Strategic thinkers. Analysts who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
• Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
• Game changers. Persistent people who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What you will do
• Partner with subject matter experts (SME’s) to design and deliver training courses on intermediatery to advanced technical finance topics and finance related systems for both domestic and international, as well as live and virtual audiences
• Assist and lead the development and execution of domestic and international virtual and live trainings
• Develop and deliver training sessions for leadership capability sessions
• Plan for and assist with the execution of Summer Finance Internship and Checkmate Leadership program events including onboarding and regularly scheduled meetings
• Own the relationship management and development of four to six summer interns by conducting regular development discussions. Partner with intern managers to calibrate on performance evaluations and suggest intern conversions
What you need
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Finance, or other relevant business degree required. Certification preferred (CPA, CMA, CIA).
• 2 years of experience in Accounting/Finance roles
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Proficiency in basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• CPA, CMA or MBA preferred
• Expertise in HFM is preferred
• Internship experience – either at Stryker or another company in a finance/accounting capacity
• Process improvement – able to develop and document work processes. Able to drive harmonization and pursue continuous improvement
• Project management skills – potential to drive new initiatives, manage deadlines and work with others to make an impact
• Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgment effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects to completion
• Ability to understand and handle confidential information with professionalism
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills and ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work under constantly changing priorities
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program. (https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/)
- Stryker Jobs