Dematic Software Engineering Intern in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, Dematic’s global network of 10,000 employees have helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world’s leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, supply chain solutions and related services, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Do you want to be a part of a collaborative scrum team within our Software Development group, creating the best-in-class global software platform that Dematic implements and supports across the globe?
We are seeking a software development intern at Wauwatosa, WI.
We offer a range of software engineering opportunities, from data exchange, ASP.net web development, test integration, and mobile application development. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and have the opportunity to debug and resolve existing issues as well as work on new features that will be part of our release commitments.
You must have a passion for learning, taking on new challenges, and working in a team to build great software.
• Work in a scrum development team environment to develop software
• Translate requirements into specific software development tasks
• Participate in architecture reviews, and generate requirements documentation
• Work with cross-functional teams to release software products
• Proactively take on new and different tasks while also looking for ways to improve our systems
• Learn and apply new tools, technologies, and industry best practices
Skills and Requirements
• Programming expertise in at least one programming language, with the drive to want to learn more
• Exposure to nodeJS, Angular, and Cordova, Ionic or PhoneGap is a plus
• Ability to write and tune SQL queries is an asset
• A good foundation in algorithms, design patterns, and data structures
• Familiarity with Agile Scrum software development
• Knowledge of software/hardware setup and configuration (Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, Git)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
• Exceptional ability to work with cross-functional teams to get things done
• A good sense of humor and an ability to have fun!
Requisition ID: 2021-16154
Job Time: Full-Time
Experience Level: Entry Level
Shift Schedule Display: Standard
External Company URL: http://www.dematic.com
Street: 507 Plymouth Ave NE