VCA Customer Service Representative in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Company Info: VCA Animal Hospitals operates more than 1,000 small animal veterinary hospitals in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The hospitals are staffed by more than 4,500 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give pets the very best in medical care, of which over 600 are board certified specialists who are experts in areas such as oncology, cardiology, emergency and critical care, and surgery for animals. VCA Animal Hospitals provides a full range of general practice services to keep pets well and specialized treatments when pets are ill. As part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of brands, VCA is committed to its purpose—A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS®.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Northeast Cat & Dog Hospital is a small animal practice in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
VCA Northeast Animal Hospital is seeking a qualified, motivated, team player to join our team!
At VCA Northeast Animal Hospital we believe in quality patient care while delivering excellent customer service. We are seeking a part time customer service representative. Commitment to our patients as well as our team is required. Please have open availability during our open business hours listed below. While we strive to give our team consistent schedules with rotating weekend shifts, it is extremely important that eligible candidates are flexible as we schedule to the needs of the hospital.
Hours of operation:
We offer competitive compensation with a comprehensive benefits package (for full-time employees)
Medical, dental, and vision (for full-time employees)
Generous personal pet care discounts on medical, boarding, retail, and food
Staff incentive fund used for team appreciation
We see feline, canine, and exotic patients
• Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms
• Scheduling and confirming appointments
• Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments
• Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions
• Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on general animal husbandry and non-medical pet care (i.e., heartworm prevention, housebreaking, and flea & tick control)
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence
• At least one year of proven past experience helping customers in the veterinary field
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Compassion for pets and people—as well as awareness and understanding of others’ reactions
• Proven decision-making skills to choose the most appropriate course of action
• The ability to integrate new information into problem-solving
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
• The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and be exposed to hazards associated with pets such as allergies, contagious diseases, noises, odors, bites, scratches, and animal waste
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!