Ascension Health Support Helper I / Patient Transportation in Grand Blanc, Michigan
We Are Hiring
Title:Support Helper I
City, State: Grand Blanc, MI
Location: Health Park
Department: Patient Transportation 001
Additional Job Details:PT Evenings,16 Hours Weekly
Primarily Evenings 3pm To 11:30pm, Weekdays & Rotating Weekends, With Occasional First Shift
Why Join Ascension?
As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve.
What You Will Do
Performs a variety of tasks, such as: housekeeping, materials management, clerical, maintenance and transportation. Assist professional hospital staff rendering service to patients and their family. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities to provide care to the age group(s) served.
SCHEDULE: Part time - Primarily Evenings 3pm To 11:30pm, Weekdays & Rotating Weekends, With Occasional First Shifts
- Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to the philosophy and objectives of Patient-Focused Care, continuous quality improvement, team interaction, and the mission and values of GRMC.
- Maintains patient rights and the confidentiality of patient information.
- Transports, transfers and moves patients (via wheelchair, stretcher, or as an escort if the patient is ambulatory) in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assists in patient service as directed.
- Delivers equipment, specimens, patients or records hospital-wide.
- Maintains adequate inventory in stock rooms, stock carts, linen cards and other areas as assigned.
- Keeps and maintains records as required.
- Properly prepares and maintains supplies, linen and transportation equipment.
- Cleans and maintains equipment as directed.
- Maintains established departmental policies, procedures and objectives to provide for quality, and safety.
- Projects a positive attitude and public relations image at all times.
- Performs other duties as directed such as clerical.
- Performs housekeeping duties such as cleaning department rooms, bathrooms and halls. Dusts and vacuums. Linen and trash removal.
- Provides general maintenance duties.
- Lifts, moves, assists, and prepares patients for procedures. Moves and uses standard equipment. Mobile throughout the hospital. Ability to lean, stoop, bend to floor, reach and retrieve items at overhead height.
- Plans and follows directions. Follows oral and written instructions and orders. Good problem solving and analytical skills. Must be able to plan and organize shift duties without close supervision or direction.
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally, in writing and by telephone with patients, physicians, other hospital staff, patient families, supervisors and hospital visitors. Must be able to hear warning signals, i.e., whistles, buzzers, or beeps.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with patients, physicians, other hospital staff, families, supervisors and hospital visitors.
- Maintains all required records. Ability to operate hospital computer systems.
- Normal manual dexterity.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing all of the essential duties of the position including the ability to see, hear, bend, stoop, pull, climb, walk, reach, move, lift and carry objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
Risk of exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, hazardous chemicals, infectious diseases. Lifts, pushes, and pulls patients, wheelchairs, stretchers, beds, and fully stocked carts. Majority of time is spent indoors standing, walking and lifting.
All employees are required to participate in the following orientations: New employee orientation,Department orientation
HS or Equivalent
High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program required or Prefer 6 months or more comparable work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.