Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Manufacturing Engineer, Orchid Detroit in Farmington Hills, Michigan
SUMMARY OF POSITION
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Utilizing a knowledge of:
- Designing fixtures / molds using software such as Auto CAD or SolidWorks
- Objet30 3D printers for design/development of fixtures and masking molds used in production.
- cGMP for FDA medical devices is preferred.
- Application of medical device coatings
Conducts these operations to support manufacturing:
- Leads New Product Introduction (NPI) Projects and continuous improvement projects related to Hydroxyapatite (HA) coating, Titanium Plasma Spray (TPS) coating, Vacuum Plasma Spray (VPS) coating, washing, and sterile packaging from start to finish to ensure production readiness.
- Works independently with project management, quality, production, and sales teams on engineering projects related to process improvement and new equipment/process introduction.
- Subject matter expert in specialty areas critical to Orchid Detroit such as HA and TPS coatings, automated media blasting, laser marking, and 3D printing of fixtures and masking components.
- Introduces and Implements process improvements for masking, blasting, and HA & TPS coatings to improve quality and/or efficiency. Leads efforts to implement these changes.
- Owns manufacturing process related to Hydroxyapatite coating including holding fixtures, masking procedures, programming, and coating applications.
- Creates item masters, routings and bills of materials in the Made to Manage ERP system.
- Quotes new products as well as customer changes related to HA Coating, fixture design and manufacturing, molding procedures and materials
- Programming development and troubleshooting using Fanuc and Kawasaki
- Assist the R&D team in the development of new coating technologies and applications
- Process / implement engineering change orders (ECO's)
- Author work instructions, standard operating procedures, customer requirement sheets and validation protocols / reports for coating processes, blasting processes, laser etch, and kit assembly.
- Regular and predictable attendance required
- Perform other duties as required or directed by management
- Lead quality and compliance by complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
4+ Years of Experience in Manufacturing Engineering
Bachelor of Science (B.S): Engineering (Required)
None - N/A
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Communication (Working Experience), Computer-aided Design (CAD) (Extensive Experience), Lean Manufacturing (Working Experience), Problem Solving (Extensive Experience), Project Management (Working Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are all connected
- Results: We are all driven
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Position: Manufacturing Engineer, Orchid Detroit
Company: Orchid Orthopedic Solutions
Job Location(s): Farmington Hills, MI
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: Open
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: Engineering - General, Engineering - Mechanical, Engineering - Industrial