Cardinal Health Warehouse Supervisor (2nd shift) in Detroit, Michigan
Supervisor, 2nd shift Outbound Operations
Medical Products Warehouse
Typical Shift: 2nd; Sun- WED, 3pm start (4 10's)
Direct employment with Cardinal Health
**All offers are contingent on passing a hair follicle drug test and criminal background check. This also tests for marijuana use as well.
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible forperforming/controllinga combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers, and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
• High school diploma or GED preferred; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 1-2 years related experience
• Leadership skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Willing to work long hours (11-13/day), holidays, and work side by side with the team on the floor.
• Working knowledge of Six Sigma process improvement preferred
• Medical product experience beneficial
• Ability to relocate for future advancement preferred
• Direct and manage warehouse associates to achieve timely distribution of product and motivate employees to ensure that predetermined productivity and quality standards are achieved
• Monitor productivity, adhere to budgetary guidelines, and work to meet Distribution Center objectives and operational goals while maintaining standards pertaining to quality
• Responsible for the daily scheduling of the work force to ensure proper staffing to pick, pack, and ship merchandise in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
• Hold staff accountable for conducting work in a safe manner, ensure that warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment to perform distribution functions and provide support for a culture that strives toward continuous improvement in Environmental, Health and Safety
• Responsible for employee development, which includes training, coaching, counseling, and completion of performance appraisals
• Maintain general responsibility for disciplinary process in the area of counseling, through oral and written warnings; insure a productive work climate within the Distribution Center
• Ensure that accurate attendance/PTO records and scheduling are maintained
• Adhere to budget requirements and work toward meeting objectives and division goals
• Recommend and implement programs, policies, and strategies to increase production and efficient space utilization
• Ensure quality service is provided to the customers and ensure prompt follow-through on customer correspondence, complaints and inquiries related to shipment of merchandise and stock-on-hand; Develop and implement modifications and innovate to improve the quality of service to our customers
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions and services; manage monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness
• Responsible for Cardinal Health compliance and regulations concerning OSHA, DEA, FDA, State, and local authorities; primary facility contact for QRA compliance and initiatives
• Coordinate maintenance of equipment, guiding both preventive maintenance and coordinating all necessary repairs
• Prepare ad hoc reports as necessary
Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your and your family’s health and well-being.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage (eligible to enroll day 1 of employment)
- Paid time off plan (23 days per calendar year)
- Health savings account (HSA)
- 401k savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Work-Life resources
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy lifestyle programs
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask, and follow all posted guidelines.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs