Urban Science Analyst in Detroit, Michigan
Urban Science is a business-solutions company focused on supporting the needs of the sales and marketing function of the automotive industry. We leverage a scientific methodology to help our client partners sell more vehicles, improve profitability and increase customer loyalty. And we do that by helping solve their toughest challenges including planning an optimal dealership network, improving individual dealer performance and efficiently converting sales leads into sales. In short, we guide business through science—and we’ve been doing this since 1977.
This position supports the delivery of client services on an account team. The Analyst is focused on both technical & client handling skills to execute high quality projects and assignments with a high degree of accuracy in a timely manner.
• With manager guidance, plans, organizes, develops and delivers client-requested reports, deliverables and projects on time, adhering to client requested specifications.
• Designs, creates and manages client databases, utilizing Urban Science proprietary software, ensuring accurate and high quality data.
• Imports, transfers, tracks, processes, analyzes and verifies data in order to improve accuracy and quality.
• Use technical skills to accurately monitor, update and maintain Urban Science internal software systems. May also automate or optimize processes, systems, reports, etc using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) & SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Adheres to quality control standards for Urban Science and client organizations.
• Coordinates with individuals or teams to complete analyses, tasks and projects on time and with high quality.
• Effectively responds to client inquiries/requests in a timely manner to help improve client satisfaction.
• Proactively communicates with management to provide updates and report issues in a timely manner.
• Actively works with manager to understand and implement solutions to improve NPS (client satisfaction).
• Actively supports and participates in required Urban Science training programs to achieve targeted development objectives.
• Works with manager in completing own annual goal setting and performance review in a timely manner.
• Works with manager to prioritize other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Math & Statistics: Requires knowledge of basic descriptive statistics and ability to execute simple statistical analyses, create scatter plots, bar charts and histograms; requires ability to apply the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem
MS Office: Requires demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel for charting and graphing of data, writing formulas, utilizing functions, and filtering, sorting and formatting of data; intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Access is preferred
Database: Working knowledge of relational database concepts, which require gathering and manipulating data manually is preferred; knowledge and experience with SAS and/or SQL is preferred
Verbal Communication: Requires the ability to compose and verbally deliver information of varying levels, using appropriate grammar, tone, inflection and non-verbal cues, while also listening to and correctly deciphering verbal communication delivered by others
Written Communication: Requires the ability and capacity to communicate ideas, facts and data in writing using appropriate grammar, syntax and sentence structure
Analytical Thinking: Requires the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, and/or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step causal way
Results Oriented: Requires the ability to strive for optimal results by taking responsibility for timeliness, commitment to task and adherence to performance standards
Ethics & Integrity: Requires the ability to behave in a trustworthy & transparent manner
Teamwork & Cooperation: Requires the ability to work cooperatively with others and be part of a team
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University degree required; technical degrees are strongly preferred (i.e., engineering, applied math, statistics, applied science, information systems, operations research, etc.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent foreign institution. Non-technical degrees will be considered if candidate possesses appropriate level of analytical and technical knowledge required for the role
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified. The job may require additional hours beyond the normal 40-hour workweek.
External Company Name: Urban Science Applications, Inc.
External Company URL: www.urbanscience.com
Street: 400 Renaissance Center