Henry Ford Health System Academic Internal Medicine Physician in Detroit, Michigan
Henry Ford Health System's Department of Academic Internal Medicine, is seeking a board eligible/certified Internist- to serve as a core faculty clinician-educator for its large urban residency and patient population.
Our dual mission is to advance the health and well-being of our community and to educate tomorrow’s healthcare leaders via direct patient care, clinical training programs, research, and quality improvement. We help patients and their families maintain health, manage chronic diseases, and live with complex conditions. Both the inpatient floors and the faculty clinic operate in collaborative team-based models. The Academic Patient Centered Team Care (A-PCTC) clinic is an innovative Detroit-based patient-centered medical home for medically and socially complex adult patients and families. Outpatient teams are supported by integrated health psychologists, nurse-driven chronic disease management protocols, nurse case manager, social worker, pharmacists, community health worker, and diabetes educators. Inpatient teams are supported by integrated pharmacists, nurse case managers and social workers.
This position will directly care for high-acuity patients in the faculty inpatient and outpatient practice. Supervise the care provided to patients by housestaff and medical students. Mentor residents in evidence-based medical care, quality improvement, and academic scholarship. Work within the Health System and with other Departments to further the effective management of ambulatory and hospitalized patients. Opportunities for career development as a clinician-educator.
Work with institutional staff and administration to attain the strategic objectives, including patient safety, patient and other customer satisfaction, maintenance and enhancement of public perception, and fiscal health.
Provide direct clinical care to ambulatory and hospitalized patients including supervision of housestaff and medical students. Participate in limited on-call duties, shared among the outpatient clinic providers. Comply in a timely manner with all institutional policies for professional work, including credentialing, documentation, and billing. Work effectively with other members of the extended inter-professional team.
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. We also have plans for future growth including a new Cancer Center in Detroit.
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our physicians and employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide quality care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
With more than 30,000 employees, Henry Ford Health System is the fifth-largest employer in metro Detroit, and amongst the most diverse. Generating more than $1.7 billion of annual economic stimulus, it proudly acts as one of Michigan's anchor institutions.
• Board Certified/Eligible in Internal Medicine
• Direct experience managing a variety of conditions and promoting general wellness in the adult population
• Experience in teaching and growth in an academic setting.
• Interest in furthering the academic mission of the Division.
• Demonstrated ability to provide effective communication, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member.Overview Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education. The system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a full continuum of care. In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated care. The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,600 employees. Henry Ford is a 2011Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The health system is led by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III. To learn more, visitHenryFord.com. Benefits Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice. Henry Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program (Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness and access to day care services at Bright Horizons Midtown Detroit, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.