Michigan Jobs

Mobile michigan-jobbank Logo

Job Information

Aerotek Lead Controls Engineer in BRIDGMAN, Michigan

Description:

The Controls Engineer will be responsible for programming PLC's from scratch, troubleshooting and debugging and helping out with installation when needed. This position will perform duties in planning, designing and debugging of schematics and software for machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. They are using primarily Siemens and Allen Bradley. This company manufactures custom automation equipment so they will be working on this type of equipment/machines. They will be working on anywhere from 1-3 projects at a time, one would be the main project they are working on and the others would be smaller.

Programming from scratch is the most critical part of this role because 85% of this job will be making the machines/equipment work, and the other 15% of the job will be making it better (troubleshooting/debugging)

When a project is won, they will have a kick off meeting with the hardware controls team, mechanical team and applications team and they will execute from there. Once the programs have been written they will still have see the project through debugging, run off, and installation at the customer sites.

This company has been picking up quite a bit of business from current and new clients who are requiring Siemens so they need to add a strong controls engineer to the team.

They will provide relocation allowance that will be negotiable depending on area they are relocating from.

Skills:

hmi, PLC programming, allen bradley, allen bradley plc, controls, siemens, program, programming, troubleshooting, Debug, Rockwell, equipment, machine, Automation, controls software, engineer, PLC, control systems design, schematics, software, vision systems, autocad

Top Skills Details:

PLC Programming

Allen Bradley

Siemens

Qualifications:

*8+ years' experience working with industrial controls

*Programming PLC's from scratch (Siemens is highly preferred but they will take someone with Allen Bradley)

*Ability to travel up to 20% of the time (primarily domestic but sometimes international)

Pluses:

*Hardware Design in AutoCAD electrical

*Experience from a custom machine build company

*Project Management experience

About Aerotek:

We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.

The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.

DirectEmployers