Chassix Machine Operator in Blackstone - Warren, Michigan
• Executes a continuous flow of material to enable timely production 70% • Performs production quality checks 15% • Maintains a clean working environment 10% • Completes documentation requirements 5%
• Executes a continuous flow of material to enable timely production
• Performs production quality checks
• Maintains a clean working environment, follows 5-S Cleaning System Pillars
• Completes documentation requirements
• Maintain pace with other team members to ensure steady flow of products • Operates production machines in a safe, quality and efficient manner • Knows and follows all safety procedures • Performs daily preventive maintenance (1st level)
• Conducts quality checks and inspections in order to complete Statistical Product Control (SPC) charts • Follows all instructions and quality procedures
• Sort- remove all items from an area that are not needed for current operations • Set in order- arrange and label needed items so that they are easy to use, find and put away • Shine- sweep or mop floors, wipe off machinery, make sure everything stays clean • Standardize- method you use to maintain the items described above • Sustain- making a habit of properly maintaining correct procedures
• Tags rejection parts and files faulty equipment in correct area • Performs inventory scanning and tracking activities related to the production work cell • Executes all documentation requirements
The person in this environment works at a fast pace with multiple priorities. There is no travel required to fulfill this position.
Skills • Mechanical Aptitude • Technical • Interpersonal • Problem Solving
Knowledge • High School Diploma or equivalent • Previous operating experience • General testing equipment standards and procedures including data acquisition, tuning and calibration • Electronics • Safety
Traits • Team Player • Diligent • Motivated • Reliable • Detail Oriented • Precise/Methodical • Organized • Logical/Analytical • Initiative • Flexibility • Accountability
The job works in conditions with frequent exposure to loud noise, heavy machinery and sharp tools.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.