FEV Technician - Calibration in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Technician – Calibration
FEV North America, Inc., a global supplier of engineering services to the Transportation Industry, has an opening for an experienced Technician to join our team. The right candidate will have experience and knowledge in the Engine and Powertrain testing and development. They will support FEV NA's Engineering and Design services.
The following duties and responsibilities are as follows but not limited too:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to monitor, track and document calibration records as well as the equipment used at FEV during testing exercises
- Utilize FEV's ISO 9001 procedures throughout the processes and assist with internal audits of equipment and calibration documents
- Fabricating, setting-up and conducting tests on advanced Engine and Powertrain development projects
- Calibration/preventive maintenance of FEV equipment
- Maintaining quality assurance procedures
- Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift
- Equipment calibration experience
- Equipment installation experience
- Troubleshooting and repair experience of electronic test equipment
- Basic computer skills, MS Office preferred
- Capable of reading and understanding PLC programs, such as Beckhoff, Moller, Allen Bradley
- Knowledge of relay logic circuits, PID Controlle
- Understanding of safety switches and relays
- Must be comfortable performing work between 0 and 480 volts
- Understanding of Fieldbus protocols such as Modbus, CAN, Profibus and EtherCAT
- Ability to read / writing schematics
- Some programing skills, C# preferred
- Basic mechanical skills to include hydraulics and pneumatics understanding
- Associate's Degree in related field; or two to four years related industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
FEV North America, Inc offers a complete range of engineering services, providing support across the globe to customers in the design, analysis, prototyping, powertrain and transmission development, as well as vehicle integration, calibration and homologation for advanced internal combustion gasoline-, diesel-, and alternative-fueled powertrains. FEV also designs, develops and prototypes advanced vehicle / powertrain electronic control systems and hybrid-electric engine concepts that address future emission and fuel economy standards. The company has expanded its engineering capabilities to include full vehicle systems and now offers broad expertise in electronics, telematics and infotainment system engineering. The FEV Test Systems division is a global supplier of advanced test cell, instrumentation and test equipment; energy technology and conventional, electric and alternative vehicle drive systems. We are also a major supplier of advanced testing and instrumentation products and services for some of the world's largest powertrain OEMs.
FEV is focused on meeting our customers' requirements for rapid development schedules, high quality standards and reduced costs.
The FEV Group employs a staff of over 4,700 highly skilled specialists at advanced technical centers on three continents. FEV, Inc. employs approximately 450 personnel at FEV's North American Technical Center in Auburn Hills, MI.
For more about FEV please visit our website at www.fev.com
Ref No.: 18-00147
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan