Continental Corporation System Test Engineer (STE) in Auburn Hills, Michigan
System Test Engineer (STE)
Auburn Hills, MI
Public Title: System Test Engineer ( STE)
As System Test Engineer (STE) you will be responsible for the product test of radar and camera sensors. The sensors are used in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) such as Blind Spot Detection, Cross Traffic Alert, Forward Object Detection, and Collision Mitigation Systems. The performance is measured against defined requirements in a vehicle test environment. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work on vehicles and advanced driver assist technologies.
• Review of system requirements for testability.
• Maintaining test cases.
• Planning and preparation of test cases and plan in cooperation with the System Test Manager.
• Capture and analyze vehicle data for software and algorithm development purposes.
• Execute vehicle level performance testing to defined requirements.
• Lead capability testing activities to provide statistical evaluation of performance.
• Reporting of test case status.
• Creation of issues arising out of data capture or vehicle validation activities.
• Interface with customer (OEM).
• Bachelors of Science degree in engineering (preferably Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics).
• Systematic problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Team player with strong focus on quality and customer orientation.
• Independent with a high degree of passion, dedication and commitment.
• Valid driver license
• Willing and able to travel occasionally in support of test activities.
Preferred Qualifications and Desired competencies:
• 2+ years of vehicle and/or component level test experience or other automotive industry engineering role.
• MS in engineering.
• Experience with DOORS and IMS.
• Knowledge of vehicle test methods and procedures (i.e. DVP&R, Vehicle test scenarios, etc.).
• Knowledge of vehicle electronics, including vehicle communication systems (CAN, Vector products).
• Computerized data logging system knowledge.
• Able to read and interpret technical specifications and test procedures.
• Able to understand algorithm concepts to apply this understanding to performance data evaluation.
• Able to develop and apply creative, robust approaches to solving new test requirements.
• Continuous improvement mindset towards process and procedure development.
• Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
• Experience with towing trailers
• Chauffeur License
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Chassis and Safety
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.