Continental Senior Staff Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Senior Staff Software Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Sr. Staff Software Engineer to join our engineering team. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Good Understanding of Android Architecture, Android Stack, Android Framework, Android HAL Layer, and Android application development experience, preferably Android-P and later
• Will be responsible for the overall System Architecture of Automotive Cluster / Infotainment systems
• Identify architectural constraints for the architectural level (project, domain, application) based on technical and organizational requirements and decompose them to architectural levels below
• Develop software architecture for the assigned architectural level fulfilling the architectural requirements and develop software
• Document and communicate architectural decisions based on at least more than one design alternative
• Define, develop and verify all interfaces to related SW architectural elements are complete
• Describe, evaluate and verify dynamic behavior and interaction between the related SW architectural elements
• Analyze the customer requirement and map them to existing architecture or extend the architecture
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering
• 5+ years of software architecture experience
• 2+ years of automotive experience
• Good Understanding of Android Architecture, Android Stack, Android Framework, Android HAL Layer, and Android application development experience, preferably Android-P and later
• Understanding of Automotive SoC architecture (application processor), preferably Qualcomm and/or Samsung
• Experience in Android code base – Application layer (Java), JNI, Native frameworks
• Good understanding of Android Programming environment using Binder, Shared memory, IPC mechanism etc.
• Good Knowledge in Android Services/Framework layer and its debugging
• Experience in Hypervisor architecture, Hypervisor configuration, share Device Driver development using Virtio, Linux and Android BSP and Device Tree configuration and RTOS development experience (QNX/Linux/Android/Integity).
• Programming experience preferably in Java, C and C+PERFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Vehicle interface & Knowledge on infotainment Systems
• Debugging skills to troubleshoot problems in any layer of Android
• Hands-on development on infotainment projects. Hands on knowledge of all / many of the following functional areas: Media, Audio, BT/WiFi/Connectivity, Systems/Security, Voice recognition, Navigation, Android Auto/Car Play, Tuner, Vehicle Interface
• Tools: GITS & Gerrit, JIRA, Android Source build system, Android debugging tools
Relocation is not available for this position
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Engineering, Research and Development
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
- Continental Jobs