DXC Technology Senior Financial Analyst in Auburn Hills, Michigan
This role will be responsible for overseeing the Balance Sheet reporting capabilities DXC's Financial Management Reporting solution. This will include reconciliations between the management reporting platform and the underlying General Ledgers which are SAP ECC products. This role should have a strong understanding of how SAP Balance Sheet and P&L accounting / financials work and how this data is structured from a reporting perspective. Work will also include developing and providing business requirements to the IT support team to run and maintain the solution for DXC's Finance users.
Drives the implementation of best in class financial systems providing relevant, timely, and accurate financial information for financial planning, decision-making, control and risk management, and internal and external performance measurement. Works with Finance and Information Technology to design, construct, and implement financial and business processes and systems requirements globally such as a new reporting system. Develops design requirements for implementing new systems. Determines type of functionality needed in a new system (e.g., designating the business required documents in implementing a new reimbursement policy). Implements processes and tools that support efficiency initiatives.
Daily reconciliations of Balance Sheet / Working Capital transactional and summary data from SAP ECC systems to our Finance Reporting SQL solution.
End users support related to standard and custom Balance Sheet and Working Capital reporting out of Microsoft Excel PowerQuery / PowerPivot reports connected to a SQL Server data model
Work directly with the Balance Sheet technical resource responsible for the run, maintain and development of the SQL solution IT application (e.g. data extraction from SAP, data transformation and end user reports).
Leads and provides expertise to project teams during the implementation of a system solution.
Troubleshoots independently, quickly finding the root cause of issues.
Leads and provides expertise to functional project teams and leads cross-functional initiatives.
Partners with internal customers, examining moderately to highly complex issues or concerns to find a solution.
Uses expert subject matter knowledge and research to identify and develop the business potential of a given project.
Solves most problems independently and articulates issues across functions and businesses, collaborating with other individuals contributors, sometimes outside of the job family, to bring about solutions.
Identifies and implements process improvement.
Mentors and trains lower level employees.
· Strong understanding of MS Access, VBA, MS SQL – inclusive of MS Access Forms, Queries, Tables and Macros
· Master skill set of Microsoft Excel
· Background in Financial Master Data concepts specifically related to the standard SAP ECC Financial Data Model
· Experience working with SAP ECC environments – including the standard data models related to P&L / Balance Sheet
· Understanding of Microsoft suite of applications on how they interact with Microsoft SQL from a data model perspective
· Experience partnering with Finance organizations such as FP&A and Controllership to utilize Financial Master data (objects and hierarchies) to facilitate Management and External financial reporting.
· Expert understanding of financial systems and processes in several areas.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills for interacting with stakeholders.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Expert analytical skills and the ability to synthesize change quickly using advanced subject and process knowledge.
· Expert understanding of accounting principals.
· Expert project management skills for running large, complex projects.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
· Ability to generate original ideas and to bring about their implementation.
· First level university degree with a focus in finance or computer science; advanced degree preferred.
· Typically 6+ years of experience.
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities
- DXC Technology Jobs