Continental Corporation Quality Manager in Project in Auburn Hills, Michigan
About Continental With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 238,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Auto req ID 90015BR
Job Title Quality Manager in Project
Country United States
Posting Location Auburn Hills, MI
The Quality Manager in Project (QMP) is part of VED’s quality organization. This role is independent from Project Management and Engineering groups (from a disciplinary point of view). QMP ensures internal and external quality requirements are adequately addressed in the project organization.
QMP is a member of integrated project team (IPT) and acts as an empowered partner of Project Manager (PM) for quality relevant issues and lessons learned.
The scope of this role is to provide independent quality assurance for work products and processes in the area of R&D product development.
The QMP tasks include:
• Ensuring process conformance and quality of delivered product according to defined rules and guidelines;
• Improving & ensuring compliance to internal/customer requirements in development;
• Performing product release and quality audits;
• Ensuring proper testing has been performed and test cases have been created;
• Participating in requirements, design and project team meetings;
• Collecting and analyzing specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI);
• Collaborating with Project Manager in order to ensure the best project approach;
• Reporting quality issues to the involved parties;
• Performing, preparing and participating in internal assessments;
• Planning and tracking corrective and preventive actions;
• Working on continuous quality improvement
• Ensuring safe product and project launch
• Leading regional process & quality management activities for Suspension segment within BU VED
• 2+ years of experience in quality automotive
• University Degree in a relevant technical field (i.e.: Mechanical Engineering);
• Knowledge of development and/or manufacturing processes (e.g.: FMEA, Control Plan, Design verification and validation, PPAP, APQP)
• Knowledge of quality methods and techniques (e.g.: review, moderation, facilitation, problem solving, audits)
• Knowledge of international automotive standards (e.g.: SPICE, ISO/IATF 16949, VDA, ISO 26262)
• Effective communications skills
• MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access);
• Minimal travel required
Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Good understanding of vehicle architecture and components
• Master's degree in related technical field
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.