G-TECH Services, Inc. Powertrain Supplier Quality Engineer - JAF105 in Auburn Hills, Michigan
· The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Advance/Current Supplier Quality functions.
· The Engineer will provide launch support by providing on-site support at suppliers' facilities to ensure launch readiness as required leading up to and including program launch. Provide on-site support at Assembly plants as required.
· Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing to ensure
proper designs, suppliers, and manufacturing processes are selected.
· Drive change within both plant manufacturing and component suppliers to resolve
· Ensure component suppliers' processes are robust and capable.
· Lead problem solving activities within internal and external organizations.
· Manage key component quality milestones.
· Develop and present program status updates and articulate open issues to senior
· Travel will be required to supplier and other locations in the U.S. and Canada
· Completed Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited university with 5 years commensurate experience in Supplier Quality Engineering, Quality, Production, or Manufacturing. Highly preferred experience with powertrain, engine, transmission systems or casting. Plastic injection or tooling commodities will be considered.
· Candidates must have proficient supplier engagement experience and communication
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team- Proficient using Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite software.
· Creative problem solving ability and a results orientation.
· Comfortable with complex technical analysis.
· May be required to drive a company car.
· Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
· Will be required to travel internationally to Canada, as well as domestic travel at 40-60%.
Green Belt, Black Belt, or Quality Certification Master's degree
Category Product Engineering
Req ID JN -092020-114705