Advantage Living Centers Communities Housekeeper/Aide in Armada, Michigan
The Housekeeper/Aide provides cleaning services to provide a safe, sanitary, comfortable and homelike environment for residents, staff and the public. Housekeeping services provided are maintained in accordance with facility policies and procedures and consistent with state and federal laws and regulations to maintain an environment that enhances the quality of life for residents.
- High School diploma or its equivalent required.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment in Environmental Services preferred.
- Friendly attitude and excellent communication skills required.
Must be able to express self adequately in written and oral communication and to communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary care setting with residents, families, and staff members. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Carries out all duties in accord with the facility mission and philosophy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for the rights, dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions.
- Appreciates the importance of maintaining confidentiality of resident and facility information.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all times in the care and use of resident and facility property. Able to understand and to follow written and verbal direction. Able to effectively to communicate with the staff members and residents through verbal and/or written and verbal means.
- Knowledge of emergency disaster procedures of facility. Able to locate nearest exit, to understand and respond to written or oral instruction in case of an emergency.
- Sufficient mobility and strength to move freely through the building, to assure resident safety at all times and to assist, transfer or otherwise move residents of facility out of danger in case of emergency.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and complete duties/projects as assigned.
- Able to carry out the essential functions of this job (with or without reasonable accommodation) without posting specific, current risk of substantial harm to health and safety of self and others.
- Cleans (dust, dry mop, wet mop, sanitize, scrub) assigned resident rooms, bathrooms and common areas daily according to facility procedures. Respects resident’s privacy and preferences about room arrangement, personal items. Knocks before entering resident rooms and bathrooms.
- Cleans walls ceilings, windows, mirrors, and waxed floors according to department procedures and cleaning schedules.
- Takes appropriate actions to secure housekeeping supplies out of reach of residents sat all times.