Advantage Living Centers Communities Cook in Armada, Michigan
Prepare palatable, nourishing, well-balanced meals to meet the daily nutritional and special dietary needs for each resident.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred. One year experience as a cook in an institutional food service setting preferred.
- ServSafe Certified (3 months from time Job Description Signed).
- Basic understanding of nutrition and therapeutic diets
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
- Understanding of person centered care.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions, (word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Care and Services:
- Handles and stores all food according to facility procedures and safe food handling guidelines.
- Follows standardized recipes.
- Prepare foods that correspond to the menu cycles developed by Registered Dietitians.
- Cooks or prepares palatable, attractive and nutritionally adequate meals in quantities that are served at the proper temperatures and within the appropriate time frames.
- Uses food supplies and equipment in an efficient and economic manner to prevent waste.
- Prepares and maintains a supply of food alternates to accommodate resident choices and refusals of food served.
- Supervises kitchen staff with regard to food storage, food preparation, tray assembly, and cleaning.
- Operates institutional food preparation equipment according to manufacturer and supervisory direction. Follows proper cleaning and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Inspects trays following meal service to monitor resident acceptance of menu items. Reports findings to Dietary Manager.
- Handles, stores and disposes of raw and prepared food items in accordance with company and facility procedures and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Maintains food service equipment in clean and safe condition at all times according to facility procedures. Reports all equipment problems to supervisor promptly.
- Maintains food service work spaces in clean and safe condition at all times according to facility procedures. Cleans workspaces and cooking and serving equipment according to department procedures.
- Reports any signs of rodent or pests to supervisor immediately.