TD Ameritrade Senior Manager, Master Data Management Development in Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Sr. Manager, Master Data Management Development will be responsible for designing and delivering the Master Data Management technology foundation across the entire company. This includes program technology roadmap, design, data synchronization, development, support. This professional will manage a team of engineers who will manage data loading, modeling, matching, merging, API access and data synchronization, as well as all design, performance optimization and production support of this lifecycle, . The Senior Manager will be empowered to establish and implement standards and practices to ensure the highest degree of data management quality within the Master Data system. The Senior Manager will work closely with our business partners to bring increased value to the company through MDM development and support activities thus enabling us to accomplish an enterprise master data solution. This position will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the MDM system while maintaining our Data Governance standards.
• Implement master data management standards, enforce data governance procedures and ensure data integrity across multiple platforms
• Perform fit/gap analysis of business requirements against current or target solutions
• Oversee data profiling of data attributes, values, fields, and business rules, and determine integration strategies. Communicate profiling results to impacted parties.
• Ensure project teams are staffed with appropriate resources
• Ensure the Application Development staff are engaged throughout agile development cycle
• Manage and ensure that all Master Data Management processes incorporate Data Governance standards
• Partner with data stewards, sponsors and stakeholders to implement business processes and policies that will support a successful MDM roll out and ongoing program sustainment.
• Evaluate performance on a quarterly basis, coaching/mentoring, and assist in creating Individual Development Plans for career growth
• Forecasting resourcing and staffing needs and effectively utilizing all available resources
• Partner with source owners to define and deliver bi-directional synchronization to/from Hub
• Develop leadership candidates and succession planning
• Oversee and set the direction for the organization, ensuring reliable, secure solutions with minimal data issues
• Oversee the execution of multiple projects in a simultaneous environment ensuring deadlines are being met
• Develop, implement and enforce best practices and operating standards
• Identify and escalate potential concerns related to project initiatives and recommend viable solutions
• Stay current with technology and industry best practices to ensure that skill set/knowledge base remains broad and current
• Maintain proficiency with Application Security requirements and best practices
• Must have Management experience with Agile and MDM Solution Development, preferably with Informatica.
• Prior experience as an MDM software developer preferred
• 7+ years leading IT organizations in a fast-paced application development environment.
• Experience with overseeing multiple complex projects and initiatives
• Experience in the brokerage industry/financial background experience is a plus.
• Experience with contributing to strategic divisional or corporate goals
• Excellent communication Skills
• Ability to influence others
• 4 year college degree
• 7+ years related work experience
• Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of requirements listed above
TD Ameritrade is an equal opportunity employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe that people matter. We value diversity and believe that it transcends race, national origin, age, marital status, gender identity / expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, service in the armed forces, disability, thoughts, ideas and perspectives. Our commitment to building an inclusive culture is aimed at attracting and retaining diverse talent, clients and shareholders to the firm. It's a belief that's core to the success of our organization.