Pinkerton Billing Coordinator in Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Billing Coordinator monitors and resolves all billing issues for assigned clients, and ensures that effective communication is sent appropriately.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives. The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Conduct financial analysis on billing trends and recommend action plans.
- Monitor all billing issues, including deductions, and resolve in a timely manner.
- Provide billing submission and problem solving assistance as needed.
- Coordinate and support office administration including; special projects, information and data processing, mail,and office supplies.
- Receive employee timesheets and organize the information to aid in invoice preparation.
- Monitor billing progress including status reporting in the billing system, work-in-progress, client, matter, timekeeper set-ups and other key process aspects.
- Document and maintain client specific instructions related to billing and invoicing.
- Effectively maintains appointment schedules, plans, and manages logistics for meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Establish and maintain a good rapport with Directors, outside vendors, Project Managers, and all Pinkerton employees;
- Conduct weekly and monthly status meetings with Project Managers and Directors to ensure that the billing is prepared according to deadlines and customer request.
- Retrieve data from the database or files as requested.
- Coordinate with the Corporate Finance and Accounting teams to ensure needs and expectations are met and continually search for way to increase the level of service.
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
- Prepare accurate letters, memos, and reports in a timely manner.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process, which may include drug testing and background investigation.
- Must meet the country age requirements.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor degree with two to four years of administrative, billing, and/or data entry experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Administrative, billing, and/or data entry experience.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Attentive to details and accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabilities