Aerotek Civil Engineer in Ada, Michigan
This person will be one of 2 civil engineers who will be working on new openings and will doing the drawings for site development- looking to have a PE
Design and supervise the civil engineering process for clients or corporate management,
applying knowledge of site design, planning, construction, zoning, building codes, and building
• Sell civil engineering services to new and existing clients. Assist clients with master planning,
site plan development (grading, drainage, zoning, utilities) budgeting, and committee
• Prepare schematic design, engineering proposals, and client correspondence.
• Create basic design sketches, perspective drawings, preliminary layouts, and/or working
construction documents, using computer assisted drafting (Aut0CAD), Revit — 3D modeling
software (and plotting/printing equipment).
• Review, evaluate and assist client with the selection of professional services (subcontractors).
• Prepare municipal applications, assist client in obtaining permits, variances, code review, and
the site plan approval process.
• Supervise subordinate design staff’s drawings/construction document preparation and
subcontractor work, to ensure that civil engineering standards are followed and drawings meet
expected accuracy, completeness, and quality requirements.
• Conduct periodic site visits to monitor project and ensure compliance with design and client’s
• Review monthly project invoices with Design Department Manager.
• Assist with project close-out process (punch list and as-built drawings) as necessary.
• Out-of-state travel as required.
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1+ year as PE
4+ years as a Civil engineer
4+ years of commercial
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs